Macy's Flower Show.

Each year various places around the Twin Cities hosts gorgeous, FREE flower shows that burst with different colors, blooms, and themes. Past years I have never been able to even catch a glimpse because I have been up in St. Cloud for college. Now that I work downtown, I was able to go to the very best - with the very best! My grandma, Maridale, and her friend Lorraine, came from Rice Lake, WI for the Macy's Flower Show in Downtown Minneapolis. This is especially exciting because I get to break up my work day for a visit with Grandma. We met for lunch then wandered to the show. I had no idea what to expect...more so thinking it was just a bunch of potted flowers that people can buy. (Really - I had no idea what this was). However, it was so much more - as soon as the elevator doors open the fragrance of the gardens swarms you. Then as we approached the showroom, there were the most beautiful orchids lining the walkway to the varieties of gardens inspired by different cultures and worldly blooms: French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Northern Woods, and so much more. There's nothing like going to a flower show with two women who are 1) Master Gardeners and 2) everything they own is floral. :) So much fun to go with them!


MY DAY BRIGHTENERS!


WONDER IF WE COULD GET THESE AT OUR WEDDING? ;)


FRENCH GARDENS - SO AROMATIC


ALTHOUGH THE SHOW ENDED NOW, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT NEXT YEAR


(Unfamiliar camera = blurry pictures)

0 comments: