More living, less thinking.

For the past couple weeks I have been swamped in thought. My thoughts have ranged from the practical "I'm getting married in 30sum days" to "Really? Canned green beans for lunch...again?". I honestly think I could sit in one spot all day and become exhausted instantly by my own mind. Not that it's bad to be thinking about life's upcoming changes, but it's gotten to a point that I feel disconnected from reality. So with the nudge from our friends Nate and Jenni (who help with our premarital counseling)I found some quiet time to open my Bible, reflect and prepare for my approaching marriage, and just read - then I was reminded of one of my favorite verses:

"Too much activity gives you restless dreams, too many words make you a fool." -Ecclesiastes 5:3-4

It's a humbling verse. While wedding preparations, moving, jobs, money, traveling and allllllll that can seem so important, it's refreshing and humbling to know that constantly focusing on those things can just create chaos. So - less thinking and more living! Hold me to this, guys. :)

1 comments:

Mom Sullivan said...

Be still and know that I am God. In other words " I got you covered."