Setting In.

Last Saturday, during the shower, it finally set in that Adam and I are getting married and I'm actually a bride! Many of my friends have always joked about how I was never the bride type (Not to be confused with the 'never marrying' type). But they could never picture me in a white gown, gracefully trying to choke back tears as I walk down the aisle. I have been the one who rarely gets emotional or "girly" so to speak - but this week, especially last night, it REALLY hit me. I am a bride. I am going to be that girl that everyone watches walk down the center of a church and is given from my parents to my husband to be. It's nerve wracking, thrilling, and peaceful all at once! Last night my dad came with me to pick up my wedding dress. The lady helped me get buttoned in and settled, then brought my dad in. His reaction is the kind of reaction that every little girl dreams of - a gasp triggered from beauty, followed by a gentle "wow". It was at that exact moment that I felt like a bride. That moment will forever be cherished - and of course, used as armor against jitters pre-walk down the aisle. :)

0 comments: