birthday!

today i am 23, going on 13. i feel like i'm still this giggly, excited girl that can't wait to get home from school to celebrate my birthday. nothing is planned, but i get to spend it with my amazing fiance and our dog :). which is also funny - do you ever think back over the years about gifts that you've received and get excited for? when i was 8, nothing would thrill me more than a Barbie. when i was 13, nothing would thrill me more than a Barbie. when i was 18, nothing would thrill me more than and ipod or cell phone something (but also secretly, a Barbie). and at 23, i'm getting excited for dog care items. on sunday, we celebrated with my family and i received a large collapsible kennel and the ultimate dog shedding tool (the FURminator). i could not wait to get home and try it!! its amazing how we grow and birthday gifts and other gifts go from being things we want, to things that are very useful and the excitement level is still ecstatic! (Thank you!!)

also, i received an email from dad this morning that i really touched me and had such a truthful reminder:
"Dear Sarah, another year has quickly gone by and just think of all the changes! Last year this time you were in school and I was thinking about your graduation and now I’m thinking about you getting married. All wonderful changes but it also means you are growing up. The Bible says we are upon this earth for a very short time….God wasn’t kidding. I really don’t know where I’m going with this ramble other than to say you are a wonderful daughter and I wish you the very best today and everyday."

0 comments: