This past weekend was Father's Day. With that comes the tradition of a grill out at the lake with the fathers in my family: Dad, uncle Kevin and Grandpa. This year was particularly thought provoking for me as I reflected on the past 12 months and how much closer I feel I am to my dad. Through the challenges of relationships and growing nearer to God, my dad has been my confidant. A father provides a different perspective on things; a man's view. This has been especially useful as I am preparing to get married and live with Adam! He also has provided me with an open ear and a flowing heart. Whatever I have told my dad, he would respond with heartfelt advice and consideration that I am his daughter and my well-being is more important to him than the other person's. My dad has raised me to be smart: Be wise with money and continue to learn new things. He's taught me to be independent, but reliant at times as well: let my guard down once and a while. Most important, he has raised me as a Christian - and no matter how crazy work can get, or how frustrating relationships can be, God is first. I'm extremely proud to be able to celebrate with him, and the other fathers in our family. They are great men who are loving, involved, guiding dads. Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Happy Father's Day!
2:23 PM
|
|
This entry was posted on 2:23 PM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment