This past weekend, with the strength of my parents and Adam, I moved out of my apartment in Uptown-Minneapolis. It's bittersweet: Bitter because I live 30 miles out of the city, I'm far away from the lakes and dog park, I have to fetch my clothes in the garage each morning, and I'm living with my parents. Sweet because I no longer have to smell KhinDo's pad thai and Green Mill's burgers and bacon all day and night, I have A/C now, and my dad can fix the toilet in record time compared to the 3 day fix-rate my landlords have.
Eventually I will feel like I'm moving 'up' - in the fall, when I'm in a home of my (excuse me, OUR) own. For now I will adapt to the long commute and driving my car daily. I'm really glad I had the experience of living in Minneapolis on my own and now I can enjoy hanging out with Mom and Dad before Adam and I get married and have our first place together. Suzy's loving the yard anyway. :)
Mainroom looking towards the entry way
One last look before closing the door
Moving on...up?
9:27 AM
|
|
This entry was posted on 9:27 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment