Our Wedding Day

October 17th finally arrived! It was a surreal feeling as we began preparing for our ceremony. The girls headed off to Re's Tresses to get our hair styled and be pampered while the guys...well, I'm not really sure what the guys did! haha! While we were at the salon we were surprised by Paul, our good friend and photographer, showing up early to begin capturing our special day. From there, we headed to The Florian Gardens where everyone was getting ready - the guys in the Grooms Room and the girls in the Bridal Suite. I was finally going to wear the dress I have admired from its' hanger for months! As I put my dress on and saw myself for the first time as a Bride, I've never felt more beautiful. All my fears of being in front of people and my nerves of tripping down the isle disappeared. My mom was one of the first to see me and despite perfected makeup, the tears flowed. I had wondered if I'd cry that day - but when you're so overjoyed, how can you not?!

Dress was on, bouquet in hand, tears dried, and smile beaming...it was time for our first meet. Steph and Paul had a perfect location in mind on this gorgeous fall day; an old train bridge that stretched over the river and autumn tree tops. When we arrived, Adam was standing in the middle of the bridge with his back to me. As I walked closer to him I could feel my smile growing bigger and bigger. I grabbed his arm and turned him around and saw the most amazing, smiling, handsome groom. He looked at me with those eyes that are so deep, then pulled me in for the most romantic kiss and hug. (Insert swoon here). :) And the tears flowed again.

The day continued perfectly, as Adam and I were guided to different locations for photos with each other, our wedding party and family. We spent time in Florian's beautiful gardens, Eau Claire's autumn countryside and of course, at a basketball court. Just what the guys needed - some time to shoot around before the ceremony began!

Three thirty arrived and the church bells rang. While Adam and the groomsmen waiting patiently down one hallway, the bridesmaids and I sat down another. Everyone was so calm and cool - until someone announced it was 3:12pm. My heart raced as I had this grand urge to hug someone. Just then, grandma came around the corner. Tears came (again!) followed by laughs.

Soon after the wedding party began to lead down the hall, leaving my dad and I the last two. There is an indescribable feeling when your dad takes your arm to walk you down the isle. It was comforting to have his grip as I approached the sanctuary, yet it was also sad knowing this was the last moment as a Keller that I would have sharing my dad's name. I've always admired my dad for being such an astounding father, despite not having his own father alive through most of his life. God has blessed him (and my mom!) with an incredibly kind heart to not only love his daughter with all that he is, but also to love Adam. We shared tears and hugs as he told me, "This would be the hardest thing if I didn't love Adam as much as I do." That is the best approval I could get just as the church doors open, everyone stood and we made our way to the altar!

Our "I dos" and rings were exchanged (with a few laughs) and we were officially married! We were honored to have a family friend let us drive his old Ford to leave the church and arrive at our reception in style! The rest of the evening was filled with so much love and laughter. To have all our family and friends from all walks of life come together to celebrate the beginning of our marriage was touching and SO special. It was fabulous kick off to our life together!

0 comments: