Summer has arrived!

After 3 months of doubt, summer finally arrived. There is a fabulous sense of contentment that fills me when I walk outside and I'm no longer slapped by cold weather. This morning I was up at 5:30am with sun shining in my windows and a breeze of 65 degrees flowing through. 65 degrees!!! AT 5:30am!!! it is a beautiful thing in Minnesota.

As the temperatures rise, my busy spring schedule sets. The weekly activities I committed to in February to prevent insanity in the still cold months are coming to an end, which means it is time to take full advantage of every summer moment and enjoy. We have a long list of activities we are looking forward to this summer, and since it's the 19th today, I will share 19 of them with you:

1) Grilling! (going to start off manly to make up for the next one...)
2) Getting a tan!
3) Being at the lake - sitting on the deck with family
4) "Balmy" night walks (this is Adam's word hehe.)
5) Going to the MN zoo
6) Catching a Brewers game
7) Seeing Suzy swim for the first time
8) Completing our first open water SCUBA dive
9) Swimming, water skiing, and going to the beach
10) Counting down the days until our wedding...while sipping something cold and refreshing, and preferably with a tiny umbrella in it.
11) Having Tyler and Amy visit us from Ohio
12) Basilica Block party in downtown Minneapolis
13) Getting to Green Bay more often
14) Picnics!
15) Spending more time with family
16) Looking for a possible first home!
17) Both of our softball leagues (I play Tuesdays, he plays Thursdays)
18) Sitting outside and reading a good book
19) SWEET CORN!!! And watermelon. :)

0 comments: