All spring I had wondered out loud to Adam if Suzy would be a swimmer. The lakes were now open and warming up, the sun was out, and I happened to be out of work at 1pm. So Friday was my day to take Suzy to the Lakes and see what she could do! We weren't sure if Suzy could swim because she was in shelters and foster homes all her life. When we first got to the shore line she was unsure about the reflections, smells, and movement of the water. It took about ten minutes for her to start walking in the water and get comfortable. Then I threw a stick out beyond where she could touch and kept insisting she fetches it and she swam out, grabbed it in her mouth, and...panicked. Her front paws were above water, making her a splashing bobber. Frantically calling her name, she leveled out and swam smoothly to shore. She was so proud! Her whole back end was just flopping side to side and she was so excited! I couldn't stop smiling and threw the stick again, and she hesitated momentarily then retrieved. It was another exciting moment with our Suzy. :)
PAWING AT THE WATER
PROUD GIRL!
SHAKING OFF AFTER HER FIRST SWIM!
Suzy's love of the water.
10:10 AM
|
|
This entry was posted on 10:10 AM
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment